Friday, March 15, 2013

When you most need it.

Today was a hard day. Like those dreaded days in your life you end up asking yourself "why me?". I had started the morning with an unexpected visit from my boss at the worse timing. I was watching YouTube when there nobody at the pharmacy, just after i had entered my break from website development. As soon as she left, the small place filled up with a never ending crowd! In the midst of the hectic environment, i forgot to call my partner about this deal we had to buy shirts for the pharmacy's advertising campaign. He canceled the deal and cut all the progress we had made.

Later on when all the patients were gone, boss showed up again, throwing all the paychecks for me and leaving me to decide how to deliver them. I decided to deliver the uptown branch myself for many reasons. On my way uptown Manhattan  my $39.99 earphones got stuck on the handrail of this staircase i took after making evasive maneuvers through the crowd, and ripped apart. I was pissed and tired. When i came back to the Chinatown branch, I waited nearly an hour for the boss and the head technician, Rowson (cool guy) to close the pharmacy.

After nearly a decade of waiting I finally resolved into leaving with my girlfriend. As a last minute planning, We both went to our favorite tea spot. I didn't feel like going, but she had been waiting for me at work so the least i could do was making it up for her.

We had fun, discussed about our days and had amazing drinks and food. Then i remembered how i felt throughout the day and went all stressed again. On our way to the train station she explained to me other reasons that may have caused the termination of the deal and other things. That helped me. Maybe the other guy really was having a bad day too, and if we meet again and don't get along, perhaps he's not the right person to make business with. I agreed.

When I got home, i dropped my bag on the floor, dragged my feet to my room and as i took off my jacket, i saw a small message written by my girlfriend i haven't seen before. Made my day and made the time typing this post worthwhile. Thank you Xenia :)


I guess that was a divine timing. Thank you Xenia, you're the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment